I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not the absolute organic-est, crunchy-est, healthiest mama around. I try to eat balanced, drink, water, and live an active lifestyle. With that said, there are a couple brands and supplements I’ve incorporated into my life pretty regularly as of late.
I’ll be sharing with you what I’m using and why; and also provide ways you can try anything for yourself should you be interested.
First of all, if you’ve been following me on my personal Instagram account for some time, you’ll know that I’ve been a daily (M-F) home workout nut. I’ve completed several programs, and now am working through a hybrid program of my own. Keeping moving is a must for me! As a mom of 2 small (and VERY active) boys, I need the ability to get up and keep up with these kiddos. It also provides me a great stress relief, outlet, and feel goods in my brain and body.
There are pieces of our story that are unique to us alone. These are the experiences that salt our lives and set us apart from the crowd. I'd like to share with you 10 experiences that have helped shape me in a special way. There are likely a very few who would know all of these things about me. Can you relate to any?
1. My first real job was as an Educational Tour Guide at a ranch on Oahu, where duties included feeding monkeys, cleaning horseshoes, and milking a cow.
2. I have never considered myself athletic but I have played soccer and paddled canoe during my youth. (I did try water polo for a bit but that was rough!!) I've enjoyed group exercise classes at the gym and hand a go at Crossfit as well. I just don't think I'm a group sport person.
3. I only applied to one college because it was the only one I wanted to attend. And that is where I ended up receiving my Bachelor of Arts at Azusa Pacific University in 2003.
4. My only C grades in high school and college were in English classes. And here I am blogging haha!!
5. I have lived in Mexico City with a family who spoke no English for 2 months, on a trip with Latin America Missions.
6. I've only owned one pet myself, a black and white long hair kitty named Tipsy who I adopted from an Animal Shelter during my college years in Azusa, California. She traveled with me to Hawaii and Chicago, where she passed 11 years later.
7. I sufferd a bout with Acute Pancreatitis as a 16 year old and it changed my life. Literally.
8. I've been on an African Safari during another mission trip to Botswana, so I've actually been yards away from wild lions, a herd of elephants, and a running wart hogs.
9. I have walked a runway in a Fashion Show.
10. I have also been on a mission trip to the Dominican Republic with my home church (and snuck out to the discoteca one night to go dancing!)
Comment or write me if any you've shared any similar experiences!!
Malia was born and raised in Kaneohe, Hawaii and graduated from Azusa Pacific University. She spent the majority of her career as an Early Childhood Education Teacher/Administrator.